Your support is essential to the work of The Arc of Butler County. You can show your support by becoming a member. Some benefits of membership include:
- Regular newsletters from The Arc of Butler County, The Arc of Pennsylvania, and The Arc of the United States.
- Participation in the affairs of the local, state, and national chapters of The Arc.
- Representation in local, state, and national policy forms.
- Opportunities to contribute time and talent through volunteering.
- Reduced cost at Arc conventions, conferences, and special meetings.
Your support through membership helps The Arc:
- Offer guidance to those who need help.
- Make the public aware of the needs, rights, and abilities of the people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Encourage progressive legislation.
- Promote and apply research to enhance independence.
- Educate the public on precautions that can be taken to prevent intellectual and developmental disabilities, including fetal alcohol syndrome and other alcohol related birth defects.